Monday, September 1, 2008

It is already happening!!!!







You know people always tell you you will be amazed at what you will do for your kids. I always listened but thought it would never actually hit me until today! Some of you will think this is little and silly but if you truly know me you know it is huge coming from me!!! We were in the nicu today and i was holding Braxtons hand and the nurse came in and said i forgot to tell you that if you have artificial nails you have to wear gloves..... WHAT!!!!!!! YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!! So i put the gloves on and hated not touching our baby skin to skin so needless to say over to my moms i went and soaked off my nails. Granted i will not be able to fix my hair or put my contacts in tomorrow but that is ok i will get used to it!!!! Ok so on the other hand here is an update. Brax seems to be doing great before we left tonight they turned his o2 off and he was breathing on his own he will be in there for sure three days maybe a week but he is improving nicely. Lindsay was kind enough to sign some papers tonight that gives us rights to talk to the nurses and know what is going on at all times so we got to feed him and hold him for a while and Brooksie changed his first diaper and did a great job.
here are some pics enjoy!

4 comments:

@mie said...

I am proud of you Mandy! The first of many sacrifices to come! =)

Bonnie and Jim said...

That's wonderful!!! He is so cute. We couldn't be happier for the two of you. Yes, children bring a new side of you out. They are so presious and straight from our Heavenly Father. I can't wait till you can take him home.
Congratulations!!!!!!
Love you

Unknown said...

The kids are so happy to feel like they are a part of your joy in a simple way. We feel so blessed to know the happenings of your growing family! We love you! I knew you both would be great at the parent stuff! Uncle Jay will be there next Saturday. We would love for him to bring a picture or two home to us, if it works.

Jeanene said...

I knew it! Amazing the things we do for our kids! He is way cute and you guys look like naturals with him. Can't wait to see him in person!