Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Binkys Broken

I have decided that not only should I be making a photo record on here of things Braxton does or we do as a family I need to write down and retain the non photo events or sayings so I will remember them.
Such as: Braxton refers to Chocolate milk as Motnudo
or the other day when I said holy moly and he repeated Holy moly dada or how his prayers currently go like this "heavenly father, thank you for this day, amen" I have to chime in and help him with the rest.
About a month and a half ago we decided (well really I did cause brooks was just as attached to the bink as brax was, he wont admit it but he was) we decided to do away with the Binky. We talked about all the ways to do it and I decided it would just get broken. So one morning I snuck into Braxys room while he was still sleeping, grabbed his bink and cut the top off, set it back in his bed and waited for him to wake. When he woke up we changed his diaper and he went for pluto and bink. He picked up his bink, looked at it, looked at me and I said what happened, he said binky broken I said it sure is isn't it. He replies with "fix it mama" I said bud I can't its broken, should we throw it away and he said ya. Braxton walks over to the garbage can and stands there for a minute and walks away bink in hand. He then went over a second time, "throw it away mom?" I said you don't have to bud you can hold onto it or you can throw it away... he set it in the garbage can took a step back thought about it and took it back out. He held onto it off and on that day and a couple days later but did just fine without it.
Last week we were in the baby isle getting a few items for our up and coming new niece and Braxton saw the binkys and got all excited and said "mommy look binkys fixed" it was so cute I followed up and said yep but you are a big boy and you dont need one and he said yep.
Braxton has accused me of being the one that broke his binky, When my mom asked where it was he said "mommy broke it"
A few days ago he was at my friends house while I was at work and she was looking all over for his binky for his nap she said Braxton where is your binky and he said "binky broken" she said it is? does that mean you are a big boy and he said yep.
So that is the story of the broken binky!

No comments: