Monday, December 21, 2009

Catching Up


The last few weeks have been busy ones. My house has been neglected as well as my blog. Two weeks ago my sweet Grandma Lucy Peacefully returned home to her Husband and 3 sons for Christmas. This was somewhat of a shock cause she was doing pretty well. On Monday she started getting sick and throwing up then gradually got worse. Wednesday night I went to the care center with my mom to spend a few hours with her. Grandma could not talk but would interact with us by shaking her head yes and no to our questions and when I mentioned Braxton she would get a smile on her face. On thursday mom got a call saying she was not doing well and did not think she would make it through the day So I dropped Brax off and headed back out to the care center with my mom. Mom and I were able to spend some quiet time with her listening to music and holding her hand. My brother came over in the afternoon to be with us as well. Gradually as the evening went on all the Grandkids started filling in and Grandma passed away at 9:00 with all of her grandkids and great grandkids around her bed. I will miss her so much but know that she lived a wonderful life and it was her time to go.

No comments: