Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Jam Jam and more Jam











On Saturday I drove by a house that said Free Apricots and I have been wanting to make Jam Sooo, I called my friend Jeanene and said come help me pick and we can do jam. So we did and Monday she came over and we made Apricot jam however I can never just do one thing I have to go to the extreme so I had some strawberries in my fridge so I did a few batches of Strawberry and then I had 2 cups of fresh raspberries from Brooks's Grandpa so I did a batch of raspberry so about 50 bottles of jam later I was out of fruit and freezer space. It was fun though and I Have never done it on my own I am usually an assistant to my mother so I was pretty proud!!!

3 comments:

Misty said...

Good for you! you are stocked for a while! I'd rather buy it, than make it, how much are ya willing to take for them? I love homemade raspberry jam!

Meg and Brad said...

I LOVE home made jam and need to get myself in gear to do some myself! I love the new jam cups though. They're the best!!

The Teeples Times said...

Way to go! I haven't done jam in like 2 or 3 years...one day I'll get that kind of energy again! Enjoy your loads of jam - I'd come sample some if we were still there!It all sounds so delicious!!